Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Reinventing the wheel!

"Jordan" wrote in message
u...
SteveB wrote:

Some people are just meat and potatoes types of people. Dull, dull,
dull.

That's me I suppose. I've been buying the same design of Swing-Away can
opener for decades, as there isn't a better one as far as I know.
(first can opener in outer space!)

There's no problem with sticking with a proven design. There have been
products that they quit manufacturing, or replaced with inferior imitations.
Or fancier (and more costly) imitations. Can openers, as you
mentioned.......... I like the ones I find at yard sales. Potato peelers
the same way. The old ones are the best ones.

What I was referring to were people who are just not going to try new
things. I still know some people who wouldn't consider owning a computer.
I know a guy who has a computer, but refuses to hook up to Internet. He
uses is to play solitaire. And people who refuse to consider some of the
new and better options to things that actually would do the job better and
easier.

Steve