CW

Default source needed - steel router bit v-groove

The molding head would be the best choice. For that type of profile, it is
far more efficient. Yes, look in the Yellow Pages under "grinding, tool and
cutter".
"Igor" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:47:24 GMT, "CW" wrote:

Buy a carbide bit of the V profile you want. Draw up the modifications

you
want done. Take it to a tool grinder (a real one that does tools for

machine
shops, not your local saw shop). They will grind any profile you want and

it
will not chip.

That is a very interesting approach. I realized that I have this old

Craftsman
(sorry for the spelling) moulding head that holds three blades/knives. It

would
work, in theory -- it is would cut deep enough, unlike a standard setup on

a bench
shaper. Maybe I could have knives made for it rather than altering the

router bit.
Do I look for "Tool Grinders" in the Yellow Pages? Or, does anyone know

of an
on-line or mail order source for such a thing? I have detailed CAD/dxf

drawings of
profile.

Thanks.