Tom Watson

Default Unisaw quality

On 11 Jul 2003 09:47:58 -0700, (PA_Paul) wrote:

I'm starting to rebuild my ww shop after being away from it for a few
years. For a TS, I'd always planned on getting a Delta Unisaw since I
want a good quality product that I can use for years into the future.
However, I've seen a few posts (on this and other forums) that suggest
the current Delta quality isn't what it used to be. Is that a fair
impression? If so, are there other recommendations?

thanks,
Paul

I've had three Unisaws over the past twenty five years and they have
performed flawlessly. (I had three different ones because of various
moves and not because the saw failed in any way).

The most recent one is about seven years old and is the most used tool
in a shop where it often runs all day.

Keith Bohn (AKA Unisaw A100) is the man on this sort of information
and I would direct any questions about comparative quality between
different generations to Unisaws to him.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
Remove CLUETOKEN to reply to email.