Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Ridgid 3560 installation notes...

I'm about halfway through the set up of the Ridgid 3560, and have gotten
tired and frustrated, so quit. While it's fresh in my mind, I'd like to
address a few thoughts:

If you're manufacturing or building something, stick to the most common
sizes. For wrenches, that's 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", and 5/8". Sizes
such as 15/32" are sometimes found in socket sets, so if you want to use
that size make it socket accessible. Also, if you're going to use one
size from another measurement system, make the entire thing using that
system. Don't mix the two systems. I'm rarely a purist, but this is one
case where it's absolutely necessary.

Some have suggested installing the Herc-u-lift system before turning the
saw over. I tried this, and think it would have gone easier after
turning the saw over. Gravity seemed to work more against me than with
me.

Many advise installing the wings after the saw is turned over, and I
agree with this... with one caveat: The wings are heavy, so attaching
them up in the air might not be an easy task for a single person.

The manual advises running a nut down the adjuster foot all the way it
can go, then putting them on the legs. In reality, the foot is going to
stick out around 1/4-1/2", so you don't need to go all the way to the
bottom. I don't enjoy leveling, so I like simple time saving tips.

Vise grips, an adjustable wrench, and a socket wrench are tremendous time
savers on this tool.

Puckdropper