Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default ibm selectric II

You should do a Google search and look around for someone who can service
this for you. As for myself, I would want to properly preserve this prize
typewriter. I would give it out to a professional service man and pay the
few dollars to have it properly fixed.

I have an old Remington from 1963. I found someone near to me that was still
servicing these for collectors. It is now in very good condition.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
i have recently discovered my late father's selectric that has been
unused for about 25 years. as an engineer i have enjoyed getting it
back in order (what a feat of IBM mechanical engineering!) and now
everything works perfectly EXCEPT the lever for switching between 10
characters/inch and 12 c/in. it moves only abit but doesn't seem to
slot into place and character spacing stays on 12 regardless of a 10 c/
in golfball inplace. i dont want to force anything. can anyone help?
ps also found boxes of unused typing 'ribbons' ,the use once type,
which are still giving top quality print - amazing.