Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Sliding on concrete?

I am not really sure of the definition of grinding that you are referring
to, but from the description you supply, it appears that what you are
looking for are wear plates.

I would suggest HDPE or the even harder version of the Ultra high density
polyethylene. This is what they use in gravel chutes to resist wear. It is
slippery and will not impart wear on the curbs.

--
Roger Shoaf

"John Doe" wrote in message
news

Anybody know what type of metal aggressive skaters use for sliding
on concrete? What are the properties that make it good for
"grinding".

I'm not planning to intentionally grind the concrete, but I'd like
some material that is durable and will slip on concrete. Conceivably
it can be disposable/replaceable if the replacement is not costly or
time-consuming. It is to be used as a short (about 1 inch) stopgap
between two skate wheels, so rocks and stuff (like a sharp angle
curb) cannot get in between and cause the second wheel to bind.

I'm considering using aluminum and coating it with super glue or
covering it with some material (to be recoated/recovered regularly).

Thanks.