Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns Carl Byrns is offline

Default Battery question

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:46:13 GMT, "Carl Byrns"
wrote:

Then again, my Genesis EP batteries (starved electrolyte) are 26 AH
and specify 14.7 to 15 volt cyclic charging rate, with - get this- NO
CURRENT LIMIT. At up to 15 volts it is IMPOSSIBLE to overcharge this
battery. Float charge voltage is 13.5 to 13.8 volts - and again NO
CURRENT LIMIT.

Whatcha using them for?
I looked at AGM batteries for my camping trailer but from a
dollar/watt/frequency-of-use point they didn't make any sense for that
application.

-Carl