Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_5_] SteveB[_5_] is offline

Default Battery question

"Ignoramus4762" wrote in message
A marine battery is not well suitable for starting motors, I am
speaking from experience. It may even work sometimes, fooling you into
thinking that you can just use it. until you find that sometimes it
cannot.

I would go with a pickup truck battery.

This battery is FAR more important in powering my bass buggy than just
spinning an old welder during testing. I'll buy another battery for the
welder. And if this one is toast, I'll buy another for the bass buggy and
this time try to go fishing within three years. I just need to use it for a
short time to get the welder running. I mainly was asking what the thoughts
were as to how much life it had left after sitting for so long, but never
being used.

Of course, I COULD use the battery to get to the lake, then take it out and
use it to fish, then put it back in ............ you know you're a redneck

Steve ;-)