Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some of the best Chinglish I've ever seen....

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:04:46 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:59:26 -0400, "NokNokMan"
wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

My eyes! My eyes!!!!!

Intercomp Digital Air Gauge, 0-100 x.1, Bleed and Read, 17" Goodyear
hose

The pop, excepting clip overwhelming process of scope air pressure
level by sledding hinder and onward betwixt the air hose and the force
per unit area standard of measurement is no yearner that must be.
Intercomps Fill, Bleed and Read Air Gauge attaches flat to your air
render and has transformed this trying treat into unitary smooth out
and0 easygoing functioning. The and1 nose ne'er foliage the valve
staunch! Standard features take in Intercomps received high-pitched
character 3-1/2" and2 standard of measurement by means of no-good
affording protection bring up, a and3 and4 and5 by with the help of
high-pitched lineament swivel-gun nose and6 an industrial-grade
bleeder valve. Case included. and7 x 0.1 PSI.

I was afraid to click on "more info"......gack!

Interestingly, when you *do* click on "more info" you get exactly the same
description, but in much more conventional English -- nearly fluent, in fact.
For instance, instead of "ne'er foliage the valve staunch", it reads "never
leaves the valve stem".

Makes me wonder where the peculiar wording came from -- maybe the "more info"
text is the original text, written in English by someone fluent in that
language, and the text displayed on the main page is the result of translating
the original to Chinese, then back to English, using only a dictionary.

The Chinglish sounds very much like what I get when using Babblefish
and other online translators.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner