Mike in Mystic

Default Unisaw quality

Hi Paul,

I can't speak for everyone, but I purchased a Delta Unisaw (3 HP,
right-tilt, Limited Edition w/50" Biesemeyer fence) a few months ago and it
is the BEST tool that I own. The quality is just as good as anything I've
ever read about and hasn't given me one bit of trouble. Of course, you
could get a PowerMatic 66 or one of the European-type machines and pay a lot
more and probably get just as good (even better in some cases) quality than
the Delta, but IMO you won't be at all sorry for buying the Unisaw. Even
better, you can get them for ridiculously low prices now (for example,
www.coastaltool.com in CT has their Unisaws for $1389!!! that's with a
rebate, but so what).

Go for it!

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"PA_Paul" wrote in message
om...
I'm starting to rebuild my ww shop after being away from it for a few
years. For a TS, I'd always planned on getting a Delta Unisaw since I
want a good quality product that I can use for years into the future.
However, I've seen a few posts (on this and other forums) that suggest
the current Delta quality isn't what it used to be. Is that a fair
impression? If so, are there other recommendations?

thanks,
Paul