Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Battery question

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:49:49 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 20:41:29 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

I bought a 12v. battery, a deep cycle marine, for a little bass boat I have.
The battery is three years old now at least and has not ever been used.

I need a battery to spin my newly bought welder and figured this one would
be okay to get it going. But how long do you think it will last after that?
Should I just put a charger on it and try it? The battery has actually
spent a winter at below zero temps, but no signs of cracking or dry cells.

Steve

This is a joke, right?

Gunner

Never mind.

Id try to start with it as is.,.and if it wont start, stick your basic
12vt 10amp charger on it for an hour or so. If it starts..it should
charge the battery. Stick a volt meter on the leads and see if its at
least 13 volts when running

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner