Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Plumbing question

wrote in message
I want to tap into an existing cold water line in my garage. Without
giving more explanation than necessary, I want to know if I can de-
solder the bottom of a T connection without ruining the two straight
connections across the top. In this case, the two parallel connections
are 3/4 inch, and the connection I want to remove the pipe from is 1/2
inch. Can I wrap the joints I want to leave in place with a wet cloth?
Is that even necessary? Thanks in advance for any help.
Eric

It can be done but it is really tough to do. Some of the chemical coolers
might work better than your wet cloth.

Cleaning that joint to reuse it is also a potential problem.

If there is any other way to do what you want I would explore those options
first.

--
Colbyt