Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Costs of roof repairs

"Merlin" wrote

Total cost of job $2,000

5 year guarantee on all work.

I'm very happy with this.

Thank you all for your input and advice.

I'm happy you found a good company! Price seems lower than I would have
thought. Are they redoing all the tiles too? Or did you luck up and have
only 1 layer so they can add another this time?

How many layers is allowed varies by area due to weather differences. It's
2 max where I am. When I had mine redone, I already had 2 so had to have
the old removed then replaced.

The really bad one across and down a bit from me just got finished.
45,000$. Man is he sorry he didnt do it 7 years ago when it was just a few
plywood bits and no rafter damage. Another one near it is now having the
same job we had done. Gonna run him about 6,000$ but he has 2 gables and
stuff like that. Not as much wood needing replacement but some.