Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Computer software question...

wrote:

I'll look into some of the alternatives you guys have suggested.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

As I said,
www.cygwin.com setting up the sshd (secure shell daemon) and
using a program like WinScp will get it done cheap. Only price is the
learning curve.

If you ever need to do the screen transfer thing, look at whatever free
version of VNC using ssh tunneling.

fwiw, years ago I used pcanywhere to administrate (fix the damn problem) my
companies IT infrastructure from hotel rooms over 1200 Baud modems. Wasn't
a lot of fun but when the admin is a thousand miles away and the MRP or EDI
system is down, it was worth the time lag.

Wes