Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil H[_2_] Phil H[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Computer software question...

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:20:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks very much for all of the replies.

To clarify a bit, by "access" what I am trying to accomplish is
mostly being able to grab files. What we are doing now, is to go to
the office (next town over), copie a few excel files onto a thumb
drive, bring them home, do some updating/bookeeping, save them back to
the thumbdrive, and then copy the updated excel file back onto the
original computer next time we are at the other office. If I can
remotely copy some excel files from computer "B" to computer "A"(at
home), add stuff to said file, then put it back on "B" from home, it
will make things much easier. No real need at this time to do the any
"remote desktop" sort of thing. These are all individual computers, no
servers or networks at either end. If it ever progresses much beyond
this level of complexity I would likely get someone more expert
involved anyhow. All 3 computers are WinXP.

I'll look into some of the alternatives you guys have suggested.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

I live 700km away from my 2 clients.
I do all my remote changes and updates with Pc Anywhere. Maybe not the
best but it has worked for me for 10 years (a few upgrades) and I
still have my clients.

******

Phil