Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eddy[_2_] Eddy[_2_] is offline

Default Jif Replacement

Pinot Grigio wrote:

I have just finished my last drop of Jif (kept for when that extra bit of
cleaning was required!)

Is there anything on the market that really gets through grease and grime?
I have a cupboard full of useless cleaning materials including Cif.

Ha! Have just got back from the weekly shop armed with a "Cream
Cleanser" - the same as Jif. The reason was the same as yours: a
cupboard full of "useless cleaning materials". Or, rather, I should
say, too-specific cleaning materials. Take "Cillit Bang", for example.
The lying toads say in that amazing commercial on TV that it possesses
the most incredible power to clean anything anywhere. I have found it
only good for removing limescale. When it comes to cleaning the top of
the oven hob it will remove the deposit left where water has boiled over
& evaporated, leaving a limescale deposit - our water here is quite
alkaline. But it won't remove the grease and fat! A cream cleanser,
like Jif or some other brand, PLUS a bit of elbow grease, will easily
remove the whole bloody lot!

I can't think of anything better than cream cleanser. I just wish it
didn't produce this white creamy froth that takes a great deal of
rinsing away!

Eddy.