Leon

Default SawStop files with GPO/CPSC for mandatory use in US

"JackD" wrote in message ...

Well Chris if you loose the choice to buy a new saw with the

modifications
or not, you will still have the choice to voice you openion.

Why the false choice? Can't the item be purchased with or without the
government mandating it?

I hope so... I would rather have the choise but I'll take it either way.

If the petition is rejected it doesn't mean that the device will be
outlawed. You can still buy it.

Hopefully the company will survive.

Granted it is at a high price. Their saw with it included is around $2300
for a saw which appears equivalent to an $800 grizzly.

Or a $2200. Powermatic....

-Jack