Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Transporting 2 tons in a 1 ton pickup truck

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Weight shifts to the front with or without cargo under heavy braking,
and any cargo weight in the rear still adds traction weight over no
cargo. Stopping distances are always shorter for a pickup when a camper
is loaded for example.

Have you ever driven a pickup loaded with a camper comming down a
good long grade. The brakes fade and if there isn't a good place to
get off youre sunk.
You are full of it.
What you say may be true for the first couple of hundred lbs. but
for the loads this thread is about. Pure and simple.
...lew...

I have driven a 3500 dually pickup loaded with a 2,000# camper, full of
supplies and towing a 10,000# trailer, GCW 20,340# with a full tank of
fuel, 1,700 miles halfway across the country *three times*. My brakes
have *never* faded, nor will they ever fade on a good long grade if you
actually know how to drive and use engine braking.

*You* are full of it.