Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
ehsjr ehsjr is offline

Default ee

wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:39 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:43:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:34 pm, John Fields wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:57:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:59 am, John Fields
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:57:49 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Since "restoring voltage handling capability" means thickening up the
oxide layer, it probably will decrease the part's capacitance,
bringing it back towards the as-new value. The tolerance on most
electrolytic capacitors is pretty high, so it might be hard to prove.

---
You certainly don't seem to be thinking straight since, regardless
of the tolerance, measuring the capacitance before, and then after
reforming would certainly indicate if the process had changed the
capacitance.

Sure it would, but how many people have a capacitor handy that needs
reforming?

---
Who cares?

We're talking process, not logistics.

Actually, we are talking about being helpful,

---
No, we're not.

Being helpful doesn't seem to figure in your priorities,

I guess you were sleeping through the hundreds and hundreds,
maybe *thousands* of helpful posts from JF over the years.

:-(

Ed

and I'm not
(at the moment) bored enough to indulge in the kind of dim-witted nit-
picking that you do fancy.

snip

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen