Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Transporting 2 tons in a 1 ton pickup truck

On Mar 12, 4:42*pm, Ignoramus25581 ignoramus25...@NOSPAM.
On 2008-03-12, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

"Ignoramus25581" wrote in message
m...
I think that it is insane and would not do it or approve of it. Here's
the story.

Iggi, I'm one of those insane idiots. *Have a 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado.
Several times I've picked up a pallet (much easier to load) of concrete
pre-mix at home depot.
49 bags, 80 lbs. each and I weigh 280 lbs. ±.

Total weight 4,200 lbs. *18 miles of driving over back roads at 25 mph..
Have done it several times. *Not worried about the tires (10ply) but pray
and pray for the axle.

Wow, you guys are brave. ANYWAY, the take home lesson here is that I
should shut up and not go out of my way to prevent that guy from doing
what he wants.

Actually trying to tell stupid people that they are doing something
stupid is time wasted.

What you do not want to do is to help them load or tie the load
down...if an accident occurs the lawyers cast a wide net and you could
be sued along with Mr. Stupid who was driving.

And oh yeah....let the stupid one with the illlegal load get a
headstart...you don't want to be following them if an accident
happens...scraping up blood and guts gets old when it is some young
family the idiot took out..

TMT