Posted to uk.d-i-y
BRG[_2_] BRG[_2_] is offline

Default Draft excluding

echo21 wrote:
Hi,

probably a silly question...I tried to draft exclude the back door
(wooden) with foam strip and no matter where I stuck it I could not
get the door to close without me putting my shoulder against it.

the normal foam strip seems to be far too thick - can anyone
recommend a supplier of thinner foam strip or an alternative solution?

echo21,

If you are placing the foam strip in the frame rebates so that the door
closes against this, then you will do your shoulder a severe injury - it's
the wrong stuff for the job :-)

Have a look at the link below and that is what you need. You simply close
the door and then after cutting to size, lightly push the seal against the
door (starting at the top and working down) and screw the strip into
position. Screw, rather than nail it, because the holes are usually
elongated to give some adjustment during and after fitting if needed.

http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-i...ound-17Ft.html

This stuff is usually available from any of the 'sheds' or local builders
merchants.

Remeber, the secret of this stuff is that it has to flex - so just push
lightly against the door so as not to deform the seal but enough to stop the
draught.

Hope it helps BRG.