Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Wired or Wireless Alarms

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Just an observation - noticed that the sheds don't appear to carry
accessories for wired alarm systems any more - both Homebase and B&Q carry a
just wireless package by Yale IIRC.
I am just upgrading my wired install with help from this group and wondered
whether the purists would still fit a new wired system. Is there still a
place for the wired solution in domestic applications? I know that I have
always been anti-wireless both with alarms and networking - maybe this
aversion is based on out-dated anecdotal evidence from early attempts at
wireless solutions.
I did yield to the pressure and accept wireless room stats last year for the
CH. These appear to perform well enough to be fair.

Phil

Perhaps I'm paranoid... but wouldn't a burglar with half a brain carry
an RF jammer?

Andy