Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Transporting 2 tons in a 1 ton pickup truck

Ignoramus25581 fired this volley in
:

5,000 lbs is over 2 tons.

The truck is "one ton" truck like a Ford F-350.

Does he stand any chance at all of not breaking his pickup with a
double rated load???

Iggy, I've seen guys haul full pallets in a 150. The axles were on the
spring stops, and I'm sure they fried their rear axle bearings before
they got home... but they got out of the yard!

I routinely put 1900lb of concrete blocks in my little 1000lb limit
utility trailer, and it never even grunts.

LLoyd