Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water seal for door.

I have a south facing roof terrace and a combination of south winds and
rain sees water forced in under the inwards opening door. The door is a
custom made wood one in a wood frame. There is already a drip bar on the
bottom of the door and an aluminium strip with matching rebate in the door
- about an inch high - running across the threshold in an attempt to stop
this. But any wind just whips the water over this. What obviously is
needed is some form of positive seal. The door is a very good fit already
so there isn't room for a stick on rubber one.

My thinking is a rebated in magnetic one. Is this the way to go and any
sources and info - or any alternatives? I'm running out of gaffer tape...

--
*Geeks shall inherit the earth *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.