Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix free delivery "trick"

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-03-11 12:37:22 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Appin
saying something like:

Screwfix seem to have learned at least something over the last few
weeks. Actually what they've done is what I've several times
written them suggesting they consider.

Following an online order, Screwfix once phoned me to tell me that
Parcelforce didn't deliver to Ireland. "What a crock of ****," I
said, as I eyed a parcel with 'Parcelforce' stuck all over it. PF
simply hand the parcel over to the Irish PO for delivery and it's
not a problem for those sellers who can be bothered to go the extra
yard for a sale. As it turned out I got the items I wanted from Screwfix
from another
UK supplier who had no problem gettting it to me - using Parcelforce.

But why would anybdy want to do anything involving Parcelforce?

What if the only carrier Festool & Lamello suppliers ever used was
Parcelforce?

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman