Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Where's the spam from

wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:33:01 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

While reading this newsgroup, I looked at the first message in each
thread (there were 54 threads containing new messages).

Of those 30 of them were spam, 100% of these came from Google Groups.
There were 24 non-spam threads, 15 of those (63%) did not come from
Google Groups.

What gets me, is that I have never heard anyone who reads the spam.
So what's the point of posting it in the first place?

Since everyone else except the spammers pay for spam it makes sense to
do it because it only takes a small response to make a lot of money.
Other marketers would give up because there are tangible costs to
sending mailers/buying print and electronic ads etc.