Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Where's the spam from

On Mar 11, 7:36 am, RicodJour wrote:
On Mar 11, 4:36 am, wrote:

What gets me, is that I have never heard anyone who reads the spam.
So what's the point of posting it in the first place?

In normal advertising and sales circles, a direct salesman facing a
customer might get a 1 in 4 or 1 in 10 return, a direct mail marketer
might get 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000, a spammer might get 1 in 10, 000.
Since a spammer's costs are essentially zero per message it makes
sense for them.

Unfortunately R's correct about "spammer arithmetic"

their costs are so low that even a few hits are worth it......just
like junk snail mail.

If email providers charged for email (let say over some reasonable per
day) spam "might" be reduced.

Few or low cost resources tend to be over consumed.

cheers
Bob