Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Where's the spam from

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:36:51 -0600, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:33:01 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

While reading this newsgroup, I looked at the first message in each
thread (there were 54 threads containing new messages).

Of those 30 of them were spam, 100% of these came from Google Groups.
There were 24 non-spam threads, 15 of those (63%) did not come from
Google Groups.

What gets me, is that I have never heard anyone who reads the spam.
So what's the point of posting it in the first place?

I suppose a FEW people read it. Maybe those don't want to admit that.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell