Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default PICTURES -- Hydraulic assist for the arbor press

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:20:34 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:54:48 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 16:29:43 -0500, Ignoramus14968

On 2008-03-09, Wes wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

Well DUH! g

Do you suppose there is any chance in hell that the original engineer
who designed that press would have foreseen the possibility that
someone would place a jack beneath the counterweight, and he would
have designed that into the shape? I don't think so, either.

Well, I was trying to give Iggy a clue as to why that jack is a *bad* idea.

I now agree that it was a bad idea. Thanks for some enlightenment in
this regard.

First time Ive ever seen anyone build a hydraulic powered time delayed
IED.

Hey, if it had shifted wrong, it might have become an IUD!

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner