Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Screwfix free delivery "trick"

On 2008-03-11 12:37:22 +0000, Grimly Curmudgeon
said:

drugs began to take hold. I remember Appin saying
something like:

Screwfix seem to have learned at least something over the last few
weeks. Actually what they've done is what I've several times written
them suggesting they consider.

Following an online order, Screwfix once phoned me to tell me that
Parcelforce didn't deliver to Ireland. "What a crock of ****," I said,
as I eyed a parcel with 'Parcelforce' stuck all over it. PF simply hand
the parcel over to the Irish PO for delivery and it's not a problem for
those sellers who can be bothered to go the extra yard for a sale.

As it turned out I got the items I wanted from Screwfix from another UK
supplier who had no problem gettting it to me - using Parcelforce.

But why would anybdy want to do anything involving Parcelforce?