Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default 2-cycle oil mix ratio question.

ransley wrote:
On Mar 10, 10:29 pm, " Frank" wrote:

It might have been me, I use 32-1 in Lawnboy [ as lawnboy wants] ,
in Echo and Sthil, its harder a bit to start the Echo, but more oil I
know is better for the motor. You might consider a Synthetic like
Mobil 2 Stroke, and will have no issues at with your 32-1 or less
motors since most companies even say 1/2 is good enough with
synthetics, you will be quadrupling protection of the 50-1 motors.
You might find starting the 40 and 50-1 harder since its a richer mix,
but I have not found plug fouling to be an issue, or you can always go
up a plug temp + # by research of Plug Temp #s , some are hotter the
higher the # , some are lower!

Could have been me too since I offered this advice a few days ago. I use
in the Lawnboy, Troybilt string trimmer and Poulan chain saw. Found it
important to use the Lawnboy oil as Quaker State stuff I tried was
gumming up the Lawnboy carburetor.