Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz Tim Schwartz is offline

Default ALPS motor/servo function selector switch

N Cook wrote:
On 1993 Arcam Delta 290 amp, for R/C use and also manual front panel knob.
Before I take the whole amp apart to remove it.
Poor switch contacts. Has anyone taken one apart to renovate or even just
clean them, any hidden traps? odd springs, awkward indexing or anything?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Nigel,

I've worked on many of these. The switches don't come apart easily,
and often get damaged just removing them from the board, which you would
have to do to take one apart. My experience is that they don't hold up
for more than a few months if you spray them out. You can put some
contact cleaner or lubricant on the new switch if you like, and that may
help it last longer than the original one.

Arcam still has them in stock, part number A1207. E-mail them at
.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics