Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Old boiler to New boiler and water heater

On Mar 10, 8:59*pm, "New & Improved - N/F John"
wrote:
I want to get a new heating/water system. *I will heat with oil and bath
with gas heated water. *My chimney has no liner. *I'll need a stainless
steel liner. *One chimney guy wants to come over, inspect, suggest what to
do, then give a quote while charging me for the inspection. *The second
chimney guy said he'll come over after the new equipment is installed and
then size and certify. *What is the proper order of liner installation?

Why not heat all with gas and direct vent with a high efficency
heating system , saves 8-14% on heat and needs no chimney, vent out
with PVC at ground level. Only a hack heater guy will install you
with a bad flue-chimney. Get a Permit, and free inspection, get a load
calculation. What you save on a liner put into equipment and
insulation and save more on utilities, maybe 25% or more