Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Intermittant hum in my conduit

wrote:
I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage.
It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so.
It seems like maybe a surge??
If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.

Any ideas??

None of the others said it, so I will- put a good analog voltmeter
across the conduit and a good ground. Something leaking 60 hz into the
metal can produce a hum and what feels like a vibration to your
fingertips. I used to get that with radios powered by cheap
transformers, and I also got it on some idiot-installed florescent
lights in my laundry room.

aem sends...