Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Intermittant hum in my conduit

I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage.
It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so.
It seems like maybe a surge??
If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.

Any ideas??
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage.
It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so.
It seems like maybe a surge??
If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.

Any ideas??

What is the conduit connected to?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage.
It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so.
It seems like maybe a surge??
If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.

Any ideas??

We might have some if you'll tell us what's in the conduit

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage.
It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so.
It seems like maybe a surge??
If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.

Any ideas??

We might have some if you'll tell us what's in the conduit

A hum?

He very well could have discovered where all the honey bees have gone

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's electrical conduit that goes to a bank of outlets in the garage.
It does dampen when you touch it.
if it were 60Hz why would it do it at near 30 second intervals?

I'll have to try the voltmeter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

.. .
wrote in message
I'm getting an intermittant hum in my electrical conduit in my garage.
It is actually pretty regular around every 30 seconds or so.
It seems like maybe a surge??
If you hold onto the conduit, you can actually feel it vibrate.

Any ideas??

We might have some if you'll tell us what's in the conduit

A hum?

He very well could have discovered where all the honey bees have gone

Good thought. :-))