Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthona Anthona is offline

Default Bathroom ceiling light replacement

On Mar 9, 4:12 pm, mm wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar2008 12:11:31 -0700(PDT), Anthona
wrote:

I have a small bathroom ..approx..6' x 9' and ceiling is about 8 to
8 1/2' roughly. Can someone recommend a track fixture with 2 lights,
controlled by replacing the single switch via dimmer? I know they are
available in home depot and the ilk,,,what i want to know would this
make good lighting for a bathroom. I got a 100watt bulb there now, and
yet for mirror viewing its not ideal...ie makeup, or shaving and etc.

Well, I think the light should be in front of you when you are facing
the mirror, so it shines on your face and you can see it.

Is the bathroom on the top floor and is the attic accessible and
unfinished?

If so, it's pretty easy to put a fixture above the sink. Really. In
addition to what's on the ceilign. Mine had a knock-out for a switch
and I put in a second switch so I could turn the fan off even when the
lights were on. I have to go out now, but I'll look later, so post if
you want details.

Thanks, no I do not have an attic, just a crawl space that only mice
could fit in. I agree the light should be to directed to the face, as
the florescent did, but someone told me that the 2 wires coming from
the switch that happen to be a red and blue could not accomodate an
incandescent bulbs fixture. Don't even know what that blue wire is...a
neutral..and if so, why is it blue, shouldn't it be white? Is there a
way to check it?