Andy Asberry

Default OT- John Kerry Co Sponsors Gun Ban S1431

On 26 Jul 2004 12:06:01 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

OK oh great interpreter of regulatory blather,
where does the ruger come under the cover of
this bill?

Detachable magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

I think you are misinterpreting the proposed legistlation - here
is the quote from your post:

================================================= ==
`(D) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a
detachable magazine, and that has--

`(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

`(ii) a threaded barrel;

`(iii) a pistol grip;

`(iv) a forward grip; or

`(v) a barrel shroud.

================================================= ====

The "and" in the first part would seem to imply to me
that a particular model would have to have the detacable
magazine AND any one of the subcatagories underneath.

By my reading a ruger 10-22 would not come under that
bill unless one were to thread the barrel.

I would be interested to see if I've missed something.
Granted laws like this tend to ratchet up over the years
but as written it would not apply to that gun IMO.

Jim

A plain-Jane 10-22 stock has a pistol grip as opposed to a Winchester
Model 94 with a straight stock.