Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Furnace preventive maintenance

wrote:
I have a Bryant Plus 90 high efficient gas furnace that is 4 years
old. I change the air filter every 30 days.
I keep getting mailing from area heating companies to do furnace
preventive maintenance for heating and air conditioning.
What questions should I ask about the heating company, to make sure I
am getting a knowledgeable person to do the PM? What will they do for
this type of PM?
How do I know if I am getting a repair person that is trained in the
latest technology of my furnace. Any way to check?
Thanks

Couple of comments:

Handyman on radio said gas furnaces should be serviced every few years -
think he said anywhere from 3-7. Oil furnaces should be serviced
annually. Ask neighbors who they use. We have a full service company
for our oil burner with annual contract.

Also saw in a magazine today that there was a class action settlement on
high efficiency gas furnaces. You may wish to inquire about it.