Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace preventive maintenance

I have a Bryant Plus 90 high efficient gas furnace that is 4 years
old. I change the air filter every 30 days.
I keep getting mailing from area heating companies to do furnace
preventive maintenance for heating and air conditioning.
What questions should I ask about the heating company, to make sure I
am getting a knowledgeable person to do the PM? What will they do for
this type of PM?
How do I know if I am getting a repair person that is trained in the
latest technology of my furnace. Any way to check?
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

wrote:

I have a Bryant Plus 90 high efficient gas furnace that is 4 years
old. I change the air filter every 30 days.
I keep getting mailing from area heating companies to do furnace
preventive maintenance for heating and air conditioning.
What questions should I ask about the heating company, to make sure I
am getting a knowledgeable person to do the PM? What will they do for
this type of PM?
How do I know if I am getting a repair person that is trained in the
latest technology of my furnace. Any way to check?
Thanks

Couple of comments:

Handyman on radio said gas furnaces should be serviced every few years
- think he said anywhere from 3-7.
"Oil furnaces should be serviced annually." Ask neighbors who they
use. We have a full service company for our oil burner with annual
contract.

Also saw in a magazine today that there was a class action settlement
on high efficiency gas furnaces. You may wish to inquire about it.

If oil furnaces are not properly adjusted they will soot up in the heat
Exchanger.
A proper cleaning job requires the proper sized brushes & VAC hoses:
http://www.udarrell.com/oil_furnace_heat_exchanger.html
udarrell

--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
THE REAL POLITICAL ISSUES & WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

http://www.udarrell.com/ (Continually Updated)

"The Center for Public Integrity," 935 Documented False Statements in two years so Bush & company could invade Iraq."

"War is the greatest of all crimes; and yet there is no aggressor who
does not color his crime with the pretext of justice." - Voltaire

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Obama...tForChange.pdf - Read it

http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm
(A page full of links to my pages.)

http://my.barackobama.com/page/commu...rrelludelhoven
"Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to ACCEPT." - Darrell