Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Paint sprayer/power roller: Wagner vs. Graco?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
Wagner has this new model, which I saw at Costco for $220:

http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/porta...01719,747.html

Home Depot sells a Graco Magnum DX

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...000003+9 0067

The user reviews for the latter give it 4.8 out of 5, but are there any
comments from people on this ng who have used it?

I know some people suggest renting a heavy-duty machine, but all I see
at our local rental place is a Graco for $110/day, and I don't know how
long it's going to take me to do the whole outside of a house --
learning curve and all that. IAC, the machine available for rent seems
to be a sprayer only, and I think (but I could be wrong) that a roller
might work better for the grooved plywood siding we have -- and a roller
might be easier not to make a horrible mess with.

Perce

Wagner is a toy low quality line made for the big box mart.

Graco does make quality stuff. The big box version may be a toy version
so I would check if their version is the same as the rental version.