Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default American Beech, to buy or not to buy.

In article , "C & S" wrote:
I have the opportunity to purchase some American Beech, sawn last spring and
stickered since at the dirt cheap price of $.40/bd/ft. I've never used the
stuff before. Goolge tells me that it is prone to twisting an splitting when
being dried, also not particularly dimensionally stable.

Dimensional stability is *much* better if it's quartersawn. If it's flatsawn,
I think I'd stay away.

--
Regards,