Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Well part question - Check Valve?

On Mar 9, 1:36*pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
nprlisner wrote:
On Mar 8, 3:02 pm, Speedy Jim wrote:

nprlisner wrote:
Yep. *Check valve with tappings for the pressure switch/snifter.

Your old one *may or may not actually have the
check valve inside since the submersible pump
likely has a foot valve.

Is it the pipe plug on the right that is causing the
discoloration due to leakage?

The brass valve body wouldn't be corroding.
If so, I would rather replace the plug than disturb
all that piping.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Yes, I think the check-valve is "check-valveless". My well is 240 feet
deep and am sure it has a foot valve. I think the leak is coming from
the top plug. You make a good point not to disturb the plumbing. I
will clean the check-valve and replace the plug first. I have to
replace the pressure switch every other year because the switch gets
clogged with rust, not cleanable.

Do you know if this check-valve is one part or is there a separate
connector which attaches to the line? It looks like one part but it is
hard to tell.

thanks for your advice,

--Ken

I believe that one is a single piece with the
check buried inside (if there is one).

Jim- Hide quoted text -

Most are 1 peice and if you have a good footvalve then you can run
without it but if the foot goe's youi have a promblem as the water
might and could drain