Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikey S. Mikey S. is offline

Default What bait to use in mousetraps?

My secret mouse baiting trick...microwave a tootsie roll till it's soft and
gooey, mold it around the little metal bait shelf and let it cool. The mouse
will lick and lick and lick and suddenly, no more mouse.

--
Mikey S.
wrote in message
I've had no mouse activity this Fall/Winter, then all of the sudden
within the last week there's poop everywhere.

I've put traps out. I have 2 kinds: spring traps, and the kind that
squeeze the mouse until he suffocates (my favorite).

I baited them with peanut butter, and the little *******s lick them
clean every night! I don't know how they do it. I've tested the
traps and they all have hair triggers. They usually go off when I'm
just setting them down.

What should I bait them with that will cause the little pricks to have
to work at it?