Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Dettmann Peter Dettmann is offline

Default Error in measurement with Tektronix Probe 1000:1 ??

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:17:16 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I quantified the divider of the probe with 979:1 on 50 Hz sinus AC,
linear with different voltages between 100 and 400 V which I could set
up on the isolating transformer.

Now the question:
Can somebody help to affirm this variation?
Is there overshoot common because of the short voltage spike?

Well yes there may be a measurement error. But you only refer to a
50Hz test to establish the probe measurement division. It is
essential to properly adjust the compensation elements as described in
the manual. I found that due to most people not having suitable
signal sources, I ended up with the job of calibrating the x1000
probes in my work place. As a minimum look at the waveform on a fast
square wave generator. If that looks ok, your measurement is probably
acceptable.

Peter Dettmann