Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default got a DTV converter

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:03:14 -0500, mm
wrote:

[snip]

Good question. Maybe someone who plans a central converter box
anyhow?

As to my 2 inch tv, it was a present and I've really never used it. So
sad. Hoping to use it next month on the way to Texas.

Can I give it to someone elsewhere in America, north or south, where
they still have analog? Is there an easy way to do this, other than
going to Mexico? Obviously they don't watch enough tv in some of
these countries and I'd like to help them watch more.

Low power and translator stations aren't affected by the law. Maybe
someone who lives close to one of those.

I am
really waiting to see where the whole TV market is heading before I
buy much new. I still think there will be a huge IP based TV system on
the internet ... as soon as they can get the business model and DRM
problems worked out. The writer's strike was just the first battle *

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell