Posted to alt.home.repair

Default are there alternatives to tile?

"Kyle" wrote in message
"anubis" wrote in message
But I would sort of like to leave that hole accessible...
Is there a substitute for tile ...???

I have heard of "access panels" but dont know where the look or get
these

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Access panel is a good idea. Often they are in the room on the other side
of
a bathroom if it is an interior wall. I've never seen one that you can
buy,
but rather they are built in when the plumbing and drywall is done.

I second Edwin's recommendation. Putting an access panel in the tub
enclosure is just begging for a leak. You want the access panel on the
OTHER side of the wall in which the plumbing runs, if possible.

He could use a boat hatch in the shower. Waterproof, but either stupid or
cool, depending on whether there's a woman in the house with an opinion.