Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default PICTURES -- Hydraulic assist for the arbor press

On Mar 8, 6:48*pm, Ignoramus1775
I calculated that with moderate effort, and only half length of the
handle, the press produces about 8-10 tons of effort when assisted
with the jack.

I have my arbor press mounted between the legs of the hydraulic press
to save space. The arbor press has a better feel for starting things
straight, the hydraulic press works easily with one hand so I can
watch the part bottom out and stop before damaging it. I didn't have
that control stomping on a pipe on the arbor press handle.