Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default PICTURES -- Hydraulic assist for the arbor press

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:45:21 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus1775 quickly quoth:

On 2008-03-09, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 08:51:41 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
bq340 quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote:
I'd be worried about cracking that counterweight off the casting by
getting too rambunctious with the little 4T jack. Bets as to when we
see that pic on Iggy's site?

Or maybe the press lifting off the table & dropping onto his foot?

Nah. I'd be willing to bet that it's well anchored to the table.

Grade 5 7/16 bolts (fine thread).

Chances are overwhelming that I will abandon this idea, seems like the
risk is not worth taking.

Good call.

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can