Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix free delivery "trick"

T i m says...
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:40:51 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

Currys online had the same dryer for £149.95 with but free delivery for
orders over £150.

The rules say £150 is apparenty £150, not £149.95.

I found similar with the Maplin offer vouchers. I think they told me
(in store) that they (or more accurately 'the computer') would allow
you to use the (say) £5 off voucher if you spend more than £35 at
£34.99 but not £34.98. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Maplins screwed me with delivery charge once. In the days
before regular internet orders, I sent them a mailed order
and cheque that qualified for free delivery. However they
were out of stock for a particular item so that made the
order just short of qualifying for free delivery. So they
added the delivery charge. That meant the cheque didn't
cover the entire order to they dropped another item from
the order. I was so annoyed I didn't buy anything off them
again for years.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.