Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag washer/dryer

"mary anne" wrote in message
We bought our maytag five years ago. The bearing and seal kit went out.
Maytag says no warranty because its not part of the transmission. Had
serviceman check it and said the parts are all Norge. So what did I buy,
certainly not a Maytag. Only the little plate on the top tha said Maytag.
NO more maytag for me.

Intermingling of parts is becoming more common at brands are bought out and
merged under one corporate roof. Hopefully that Norge stuff was the better
quality of the group, but most likely it was the cheapest.

There was a time when Frigidaire was part of General Motors and was a top
name in appliances. The name has been sold and whored many times in the past
20 or so years and is now just a made cheap appliance owned by a foreign
company.